1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Action Replay Questions PS2 V6

Discussion in 'PS2' started by masashi00, Sep 6, 2003.

1. masashi00

masashi00 Member

i have a ps2 version 6 that has been modified. it is a NTSC/J system. i bought a Action Replay NTSC/J for the dvd region and to use codes. but i can't get it to work with back-up games. what do i need to do? i have only tried with NTSC/UC. do i need to trade the Action Replay that is for japan for a NTSC/UC? can i use PAL codes for PAL back-ups?

2. telescope

telescope Regular member

Let me get this straight
    For every PAL backup u own u need to put PAL codes for it
    The games which r NTSc u hav use NTSC codes for them

3. masashi00

masashi00 Member

yes i have tried to play back-up NTSC/UC games with a ARv2 that is NTSC/J. i also have PAL games and i wanted to know if i could also use the AR to input PAL codes for PAL games even if they are back-ups. again my ps2 is SCPH-39006 NTSC/J that has been modified.

4. masashi00

masashi00 Member

when i put the AR disk in and put added codes for an original game, the game would go to the opening image and then it goes black. thinking it would take a while to load i left it for 10mins but no luck. i tried with an original game and a back-up with the same problem. since my AR has japanese codes in it i deleted them and inputed game codes for US games. i have checked the codes over and over and they seem to be correct.

5. telescope

telescope Regular member

Ok tell me which game is it and Is it PAl , NTSc or JAp

6. S.Legend

S.Legend Member

Can i ask a question? If i use a NTSC-J ARv2 to play a NTSC-U/C game, on a NTSC-J PS2, do i use japanese codes or american codes?