1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie bought DH Slimline -- I want to play my .mpgs ,help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ksp, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ksp

ksp Member

To save time, I burn my .mpgs as data to DVD+Rs. I have hundreds. I was hoping that DH's new present, the Slimline Playstation, would be able to play the straight data .mpgs. No luck. The DVD+Rs I've burned in DVD format play fine, but I don't want to convert all the flippin' files. I might as well play everything on my pc as I have been doing. Is there a mod/fix, media player, other that will do what I'm thinking? I can't imagine I'm the only person trying to do this, but several hours research on Google have left me in the dark. THANKS in advance for any help!!

Kay in San Jose

2. Jixxer

Jixxer Member

You have a computer use it. Leave the play station for games.

3. ksp

ksp Member

Ummm...not exactly helpful. Sorry you wasted the time posting that. But it did bump my post up! Thanks!

4. lmaosix

lmaosix Regular member

Hey umm ithink i can solve your problem. I was walking around Wal-Mart and was looking at the game sharks, there was 3 for ps2:S i read the backsto find more info, one gives mroe cheats.. one a normal game shark and the last one is some special media edition. U can use it to play MPG movies on your ps2! and plug in usb devices (mp3 players, those usb storage things)in the usb ports. No idea if it works, try it out and if it doesnt just return it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  5. ksp

ksp Member

Thanks, that's the road my research seems to be leading me down. Would love to hear if anyone has successfully used the game shark to do that, spec. with a Slimline? Thanks.

6. ksp

ksp Member

Another question, if I may. It looks to me like the only way to view the .mpgs with the Gameshark media player is from a pc networked to the ps? If so, I'm still spinning my wheels trying to get the ps to read the .mpg on the dvd+r. Thanks again.