1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie burning failed at 4x(5540Kb/s

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mcdm, Nov 17, 2004.

1. mcdm

mcdm Guest

Thanks bigorange
    Now this is where I am stuck, do I click the browse button and pick burn with Nero or is there another way?
    I have set burn with Nero in the shrink preferences
    mcdm

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

That's it. Pick enable burn with nero in preferences under file I/O and pick your burner and burn speed in the backup window. Along with quality settings if needed. DONE

3. mcdm

mcdm Guest

I will sort this out tonight and BTW Yes it does feel good many thanks.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Here is a link to a nice interactive guide with pictures. This guide show how to do a full backup and send it to the hard drive. With this you can see which buttons to push as you seem to have problems following bigorange's instructions. This is for 3.1 and not the new 3.2.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/fulldisk_basic.php
    Most of the instructions are the same, 3.2 has the new quality controls and still image in compression settings. You don't need to mess with those while just getting started. Just click on next on the guide picture and the instructions will move on in sequence for you. Even the newest beginner should be able to follow this interactive picture guide. Just don't try to be creative and add steps until you've learned how.

Here is a another interactive guide that shows setting up the preferences for Shrink. This virtual tour shows burning with Nero toward the end. Shows a lot about preference settings in Shrink. http://www.dvdshrink.info/preferences.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2004
  5. mcdm

mcdm Guest

Got them thanks
    Everything’s working just fine i even burn automatically with Nero
    mcdm

6. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome, it appears you were thanking BigO and me. You should give BigO a separate big thank you as he invested a lot of time in helping you out here.

7. mcdm

mcdm Guest

I have recently experienced problems burning DVD; I posted a question on the 17th November. By the 14th of December I am burning DVD’s successfully.
    I realise a lot of time would have been spent writing replies so I would like to express my sincerest thanks to every one who helped me; in particular bigorange Without his help I would never have got so far.
    A friend of mine recommended the afterdawn website to me and I will recommend it to everyone I know. I now regularly read the questions on these forums and I hope as time goes by maybe I will be able to help somebody.
    Maybe this reply should be on the general discussions feedback & suggestions you guys need to be recognised for all the help you give.
    Happy holidays and a very happy new year

mcdm

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Why, Thank you and Merry Xmas!

BTW, congrats, and now with your newfound knowledge, you can help someone out who is in the boat you were in on NOv. 17 ;>)