1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Cow here again. question about DVD and a mdf file.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by xmpxkao, Apr 27, 2007.

1. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

Hello again. I am an ignorant person compare to the wisdom of you folks.

Anyways, I have a buncha of videos that I want to burn onto a dvd. recently someon ejust showed me hwo to burn like 12-15episodes of cartoon on like 1 dvd disc. that was amazing.

Anyways, now im tryin gto learn if we can make a menu for the dvd? Liek when I put it in the dvd player...a menu cmoes up on which episodes to play? Or anything like that? lol. If there is such a program tell me please .

Also i downloaded a game (unreal tournametn 2004) and it is mds or something. also a couple other files but the biggest file was the mds. a few gigs. How do i burn it? I know a couple popular image programs are DAemon (never used before) and I have power iso, ultra iso, and magic iso. Any ideas? Thanks in advance ya.

bye

2. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

I'm sorry. The biggest file is .mdf lol...mds is a very small file. thanks

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Using nero vision or ConvertXtoDVD automatically creates menus for the dvd.
    are the cartoon episodes in a format like AVI Mpeg Divx, WMV,
    then you would use either of those programs plus they create menus too.

What program are using for the episodes?

for the burning question, you can select the .MDS file and that should burn the bigger ISO file

i suggest IMGburn for that
    http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

4. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

i have nero 7. I havent used it to burn anything before. Also, last time I converted inuyasha episodes with WINAVI and burned it onto a DVD disc...it was like 1 file only. How come all my boondocks episodes come seperate...1 with each folder of it's own? weird. I ca nstill use nero and give it a shot since i've never used nero to burna dvd before. I have to add the files one at a time and it take sa minute or two to like...verify and stuff. Also...i think my DVD is like 4.7 gb but it can only put like 4.4 lol. Weird Thanks . I'll try imgburn later. And I'll use nero like you said and see if it automatically adds a menu. If it does...amazing. haha. Thanks man! best forums on the net.

5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member