1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NewBie DVD Copying Help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by deadly, Feb 13, 2002.

1. deadly

deadly Member

I been reading through the forums, and copying of DVDs still doesnt make sense to me. My first question is, is it possible to copy a DVD Movie 1:1? One example of a DVD Movie, I'd want to copy 1:1 is Hackers, and the dvd of hackers is 4.09gb according to the status thinggy on my computer. My second question is if its not possible, why won't it be possible, if the discs are 4.37GB and the movie is 4.09GB it should be. Third question is if I rip the DVD Movie, and put it on a DVD-R Disc, will it play on the DVD Player, and what will the quality be like, how close to the original DVD? Fourth question is, if question 1 is possible, what software can be used?

Thankx VERY MucH

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

1) Yeah, use DVD Decrypter's "backup" feature -- it creates you 1:1 disc image that you can burn directly using Nero or other DVD burning tool that supports DVD images (image is one huge file that contains "snapshot" of your DVD exactly like it is and it is burned as it is, no uncompressing or anything for it)

2) Quality is exactly the same as in original DVD -- we're speaking of digital copy now, your GIFs don't lose quality either even that you copy them from your C: drive to D: drive and back, right?

3. deadly

deadly Member

I am asking if you can copy DVD Movies 1:1, like Hackers, and movies like that, that are under 4.36GB in the Real.

4. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

what Real?

5. mtemplar

mtemplar Guest

Two questions:

1st...I tried using DVD Decrypter 3.0.0.12 but could not find any "back-up" feature or "Image" feature.

2nd...what files should be selected for backup? Dvd Decrypter selects a few that add up to about 4.x GB of content. I am not sure at this point what the extentions stand for. Also, will this backup actually function when played from a standard DVD player? If so, which version will be copied, Widescreen or Pan/Scan?

Can you tell I'm a newb ;-)

thanks...

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Easiest way to backup with DVD Decrypter is to leave everything else untouched and go to Mode menu and select ISO -> Read.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2002
  7. DVDshmuck

DVDshmuck Guest

what's best writing software to use for burning the iso created? I tried using RecordNow MAx 4 and i get bad copies that freeze when the movie gets beyond a certain chapter.

For example, my copy of the movie "Zoolander" freezes at anything beyond chapter 8 when i play it back and "Me Myself and Irene" freezes at ch 13. All other features appear intact other than the movie itself.

8. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

I´ve heard that Nero´s newer versions support DVD-burners. I personally have only good experiences with Nero(only tried CD-R) even though I´ve heard that some people have had problems.

9. devinium

devinium Guest

1st of all, I know nothing about ripping DVDs. I downloaded DVD Decrypter, but when I try and rip a DVD, it doesn't let me. I checked the log and it said "W 14:42:39 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support files > 4 GB." Also, I know that I have more than 4 gigs of space on my C-drive. What's the problem here? Thanks if you can help me.

10. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member

Devinium,

Sounds like DVD Decrypter is trying to combine the VOBs into a single big file. These are not supported by FAT32. Try playing around with the DVD Decrypter's options, or use Smartripper instead.