1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie DVDDecrypter question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ricster, Dec 1, 2003.

1. ricster

ricster Regular member

Trying to use DVDDecrypter for the first time to backup a region 1 disc (my DVD/RW is region 2). I fired up DVDDecrypter, chose the main movie files only and hit the big button. Everything seems to have worked ok except that when I come to burn the image in Nero (chose DVD Video option) it is telling me that some necessary IFO file is missing. What did I do wrong ?

2. ducattee

ducattee Member

Hi, hasnt anyone replied to you yet? I'm only new to this site and learning also, but what I do know is, when you rip the main movie files, you also have to have the ifo file (if you view details of these files in the folder, it is the largest one..eg: 82kb). I think that is all you need with the vob files. I have stuffed it a couple of times, so I just rip the whole lot! The files that are needed are available then and they just get deleted after.

3. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

when i decrypt with dvd decrypter i then write back to dvd using the same format. dvd decrypter i use nothing else just go in and get the file from where you dl it and write it back to your dvd disks. make sure you get the largest file not the small at the top.