1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, Easy Q

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bobkknd, Dec 22, 2004.

1. bobkknd

bobkknd Member

I am looking to install a modchip or the best method for playing backed up ps2 dvd-r ( or +r ). Are there any guides out there? I know my playstation is a version 5 and i know a tiny bit about soldering from building a circuit bored. Simply i am just looking for the method that plays the most games (i do not care about loading hassles). If soldering is involved is there a guide saying what to buy and how to do it?

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

3. JRoland

JRoland Member

Greatest upside for minimal effort = Swap Magic with FlipTop Cover or SlideCard. I have also heard that there's now a new "GhostSwitch" to use on the newer PSTwo's but I don't know if there are any pics available yet.

These options though are for persons more geared towards leaving their system in tact and not having to mess with any wires. The only time you'll ever have to worry about hardware issues is when you install these things.

Good Luck!