1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWBIE HELP: Measuring my Potentiometer????

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by decoys, Apr 25, 2005.

1. decoys

decoys Member

Hey forum I can't seem to find out how to measure my potentiometer in my gamecube and I have complete access to it. So any explination as to how I can go about doing this would be greatly appriciated ASAP!!!

thank you.

2. Ize

Ize Regular member

there are 3 prongs that connect it to the board, two on the left one of the right ( if thats backwards, your GC is upside down) place the POS of the multimeter on the TOP left and the NEG on the only right prong. This is where having a 3rd hand comes in handy (of a buddy,wife.. whatever) put the multimeter in OHMs and monitor the readings as you turn the pot COUNTERCLOCKWISE only, if it goes too low just keep turning you'll jump back up to a high value once you reach the 1/2 way point. adjust it to +- 5 ohms of your desired value (the rating fluxuates as the unit is working) thats it.

If it doesn't work, try it again.

3. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

4. decoys

decoys Member

Thank you so much for your help.