1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie help needed desperately

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by djgianni, Nov 22, 2004.

1. djgianni

djgianni Member

ok im having so much trouble getting a game to work..i believe i have a v3 ps2...it said sph 300001 or such..ive tried maxell 4x dvd-r and +r burnt on 2x with dvd decrypter...i have a neo 2.2 modchip gameshark 1.9 i patched the fifa 2005 iso with the dnas patch...i loaded the game the usual way for cd-rs. i really dont know what to do now and ive used verbatim 8x dvd+rs too...im stuck, its frustrating..and i feel like ive wasted my money now...can someone PLEASE give any advice? no one seems to respond to my post...please anything at all. thanx a lot. giancarlo

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. Fatality

Fatality Member

The Neo will not load a PSX2 backup its only good for PSX1, unless your using the swap disk method, My suggestion yank out that NEO get a magic or DUO 2 my favorite ones, And DMS might have one for that version. Download Decrypter go to tools , select setting, BOOM there it is, ISO read and write, EASY as pie, select 2x your backup will be better , suggest Memorex OR MAXEL Gold -Media Only + will work But PSX2 were designed to read -Media, Have fun Enjoy Your Welcome, I know have nice day same to you.

4. djgianni

djgianni Member

i have been making cd-r backups and playing them for years no problem with my neo modchip, so there must be another problem, it is supposed to play dvds...

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you follow the dvd instructions in the link i gave you?

6. djgianni

djgianni Member

no not yet, ive read it but have yet to try it i just came home from the gym...but thank u, i tried it b4 but that was with my 8x media ill try the new fifa 2005 4x copy, however, i used the dvd that i previously burnt to make this copy. that should be ok right?

7. djgianni

djgianni Member

ok i just tried the neo dvd backup method...my gameshark isnt title the exact way as those instructions so I tried my best and nothing happens still. :mad::( i dont know what to do now... please help