1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie here, and u where once as well ,so take it easy.List of problems one at a time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by robione, Aug 27, 2007.

1. robione

robione Member

DVD identifier.Used it for the first time ,put in a well known musical dvd origninal,says error unsupported medium detected.What am i doing wrong there ?
    The goal here is not to backup dvds, but to obtain videos to convert to dvd to play in my Ford Galaxy,having lots of problems trying to do this.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Here's a little something you should know about DVD Identifier

DVD Identifier v5.0.1
    DVD Identifier retrieves and interprets the pre-recorded information that is present on all DVD R/ RW, DVD-R/-RW and DVD-RAM media. This information contains a variety of parameters such as disc manufacturing information and supported write speeds. Even though this information is usually printed on the packaging, the brand name may differ from the actual manufacturer or sometimes there might not even be any packaging information at all.

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, but what I read and understand is that you are trying 2 do is to reauthor and selectively back up portions of the musical dvds, is that correct?

4. robione

robione Member

in a nutshell yes.I havent been on the forum for a while because i dived in like i do with most things in life,and stick at it till its sorted.Im half way there.Ive managed to convert some avi and mpegs to dvd and get them playing in the car,boy have i had some problems,mainly with program compatability with vista i think,but im on my way and got a little bit of a better understanding of it,but a long way to go,thanks all