1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWBIE HERE...NEED HELP WITH "CDRWIN 5.0" to burn ps2 games...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by alkohol, Apr 6, 2005.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Hello there to all of you in here. I'm a newbie here, so I'll apologize for asking such a question and writing so much alright. Well, I got a software called "CDRWIN 5.0" from a friend of mine. He said it's good to copy cd/dvd and possible ps2 and xbox games. However, he's too busy with school and works and now he's on vacation. Thus I'm stucked with this in my head. Here's what I did so far.

**I installed the software and got it running.
    **there are lots of tools, settings and icons on how to copy,extract, write, etc. some on left panel
    **I've got a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM and a SONY DVD DUAL LAYER BURNER
    **I inserted a PS2 game into the DVD-ROM drive
    **I open CDRWIN 5.0
    **then I set my reader on the DVD-ROM and destination/writer on my SONY DVD BURNER
    **I clicked on Copy (first image/icon on left panel of the program)
    **it runs and looks like it's doing a "direct copy" for about 4 - 6 mins
    **then buffers failed, however task said it's completed
    **it writes nearly 80% in the CD-R disc I put in my DVD BURNER drive via the PS2 game
    **I tried to play it on a PS2 game system and it reads "DISC ERROR"

Now I'm stucked and clueless of what else to do. My question is did I do anything wrong? Perhaps the settings or did I use the wrong burning program/icon/image in CDRWIN? Could it be my Burner that's writing too fast (it only gives me an option of 56X)? Is there any settings I missed in the Extract or Write/Copy? I'm not sure to set inside "Action, Reading option and Writing"? Could it be the game that has a protection? If so, then, is there any special game hack software out there that will let you bypass protection? I really need help and can someone please help me.

Thank you all so much and I'm sorry for too many questions alright.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

how about trundling down to the ps2 forum and asking this question[bold]!!!!!!![/bold]

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

and read the rules re double posting http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/178724

most ppl will tell you that dvd decrypter is the way to go for backing up ps2 dvd discs (just use mode iso read/ mode iso write)
    for cd based games use any disc copying software (nero etc). what ever program u use for burning music cd's should have the function to make a copy of a ps2 game

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported.

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Deadcat and Nephilim, yeah... I really am so sorry for posting twice. As you can see that I'm new to this forum, so please give me a break and I'm sure I won't do it again. However, after I posted it in the Newbie thread, I didn't see my post at all. Therefore, I decided to post it again in the DVD-R for Advance users.

Now back to my question. I've search and browse around and notice there's a similar topic about copying/backing up PS2 games that started at around late 2002 towards 03. Looks like "Nero" can do the job - plus it also talks about some modchips, gameshark, etc. With that being said; I decided to put CDRWIN 5.0 on halt. Now my next question is do I need a gameshark to play my dvd-r/cd-r PS2 games after I completed burning from Nero? Can anyone tell me which Gameshark version is the best to get and please be spicific when detailing on how to start/troubleshoot on the PS2 system.

...Here's what I have and use to burn the PS2 game...

Nero 6 Utra Version
    TOSHIBA DVD-ROM
    SONY DVD DUAL LAYER BURNER
    PS2 Console: SCPH-50001
    Browser: 1.40
    CD PLayer: 2.00
    PlayStation Driver: 1.11
    DVD Player: 3.00 U

I used Nero 6 and did a direct copy as (DVD Copy) in Nero like the other thread had mentioned. It was successfully copy, but when I inserted into my PS2, it said; "Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc." Is this where the part that I need a GameShark to play my backup dvd-r/cd-r of PS2 games? Any help and detail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

get DVD Decrypter, its free and works great, also easy to use
    you can get the latest version on the DVD Decrypter home page.
    there is a guide posted as a sticky (at the top) of the PS2 General section.

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

without a mod of some sort (chip/swap magic etc) you wont be able to play your backups. Its up to you what you get, swap discs are cheaper and dont void warranty, mod chips (once installed) are easier and less stuffing around