1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie here

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ezreader, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ezreader

ezreader Member

I just recently bought a new computer with a DVD burner. It's compatable with r and rw discs. I have figured out how to play DVd's on it, but i want to know how to burn backup copies of DVD's and Playstation Games. Can anyone give me like a step-by-step breakdown of the things i need to download and how i go about Burning both types of media? Thankyou very much. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  2. kpugs

kpugs Member

Hey there,

As for DVDs, download DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ and http://www.dvdshrink.org/). Also, to make this easier, download the trial version of nero from http://download.com/ (you actually never have to even use the program, but trust me, it's the simplest way).

Then it's easy...open DVD decrypter and put your DVD in the drive. After all the files load, click the "decrypt" button. After that, put in the blank DVD and open DVD shrink. Click "open files", and select the folder your decrypted DVD is in. Then, after selecting all the files, click "backup". Make sure the burning option is selected, and you're ready to go.

I'm only now looking into burning PS2 games, so I can't tell you how to do that...yet.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

to burn ps2 games, use dvd decrypter. read>iso mode, write>iso mode. You need a mod chip in your PS2 for it to work. you can find them at www.consolesource.com

4. robc11

robc11 Member

5. decker12

decker12 Member

Also, keep in mind that your main problem will be getting your PS2 to recognize the disks that you've backed up. You cannot simply drop a backup into any PS2 and expect it to work. The PS2 has safeguards built into it to prevent that from happening, and you will need to purchase something else to get around those safeguards. That something else can be a swap lid, mod chip, etc...

6. ezreader

ezreader Member

About the modchip thing. I've heard about all those things, but i haven't been able to find a lot of information about them. Exactly what i'll need and how to go about changing it. And if ther is anby way to do it without modding my Ps2 too much. I figured out i have a Ps2 v7 but i don't know where to go from there, any extra advice would be appreciated!