1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie in desperate need!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by phrozen06, Sep 15, 2004.

1. phrozen06

phrozen06 Member

Hello guys,

I'm new to the world of burning DVD's, and I really need some guidance. I have an external dvd+,-RW drive. What I will be doing for the most part is converting svcd's and vcd's to dvd. I will be doing some avi and other file types though. I have tried using svcd2dvdmpg but it is not very effective. The first movies I burned were fine but the picture rolled in the last couple and another only played on the top half of the screen. All three played fine on my computer but didn't play right on my dvd player where as the others did.

What I am asking is what is the best software for what I am trying to do and how do I do it. Like I said before I have svcd2dvdmpg but I don't really like it. I also have vcd gear and dvd decryptor. I want to produce the best quality dvd's I possibly can. I would also like to be able to add chapters and menus.

Please help me out here guys. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. phrozen06

phrozen06 Member

I forgot to ask if you all would know why the picture was rolling or why the other movie only played on half of the screen. Thanks in advance.