1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie in need help Burning DVD's.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hotboi#1, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Hotboi#1

Hotboi#1 Member

Hey guys(and girls), I'm trying to burn dvd's using Nero Express. I've already decrypted and processed the files with DVD2One. When I move my TS_VIDEO files to the Nero everything goes smoothly except the BURN Tab will not highlight for me to click it. There is definitely a DVD+R in the Drive, but nothing. Am I using the wrong DVD+R, is it my drive or what?
    I'm at a lost. I'm using Memorex DVD+R disc and have an HP DVD/RW drive. Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I doubt this has anything to do with the problem your haveing now, but to save you some problems down the road, and I think most people here will agree, stay away from memorex media.

3. Hotboi#1

Hotboi#1 Member

Hey Mort, what's a good media to use?

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

branded discs of ritek, sony ,taiyo yuden

5. Hotboi#1

Hotboi#1 Member

O.K. I'll get that media, but in the mean time, can anybody help with the original problem. Why can't I click that dang BURN button?

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Those are some good choices andmerr gave you. I personally prefer Ricohjpn which is sold under the Ritek Ridata dvd+r name a lot of the time. I buy from Newegg and read the reviews to see if anybody listed the media code.

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you are unsure of the discs that you get theres a small program called dvd identifier

Retrieves and interprets the pre-recorded information that is present on DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW and DVD-RAM media. This information contains a variety of parameters such as disc manufacturing information and supported write speeds

http://www.tucows.com/preview/336091.html

have fun

andmerr
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Grrrrrrrrr.
    I eat ipod spammers for breakfast
    Grrrrrrrrr.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004
  8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hotboi#1,
    About your other question, I see there hasn't been any replies. I'm not familiar with DVD2ONE so I can't offer much help or advice. Make sure you have the latest version of nero and most recent firmware for your dvdrw. Sorry I can't suggest more. Maybe someone will read this thread who knows more about DVD2ONE. You can try posting your question in the DVD2ONE forum but they might get ya for a double post. Thats where your question should have been to begin with. Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  9. Hotboi#1

Hotboi#1 Member

Would using DVD+R instead of DVD-R make a difference in my burning capabilities?

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i think the question should be does your burner support both + AND - ?

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

-r seems to be a little more compatable in older set top dvd players unless you can booktype your +r media to dvd-rom. I doubt that is causing your problem unless you are useing a dvd format that doesn't comply with your dvdrw. Is your drive compliant with dvd+r and dvd-r media?