1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie in need of help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by notenut, Apr 6, 2005.

1. notenut

notenut Member

I cant figure out how to burn a simple dvd maybe its not easy maybe Im just slow I dont know what to do. I downloaded the decrypter but I cant figurout how to burn it....thanks for any help

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

There are guides to DVD Decrypter on this site, read them, and if you have further trouble then let us know.

3. notenut

notenut Member

thank you

4. sunup

sunup Regular member

I did a lot of reading and still took a long time to get it wright. I havent had a coaster in a long time . Hang in there and be patient.

5. notenut

notenut Member

it still is not working ...I cant seem to get it to transfer the files onto the dvd from the computer or even really find them...I thought I had it but now I cant remember how to get to the part that had the list of files that had been prepaired to copy.thanks for any help I did not think this was going to be easy but I was hopeing

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Decrypter can't compress a larger dvd movie to fit a regular blank dvd. Thats why most suggest you use a combinaton like Decrypter and DVD Shrink. If backing up an older movie (before Nov 2004) DVD shrink will decrypt and compress by itself but it can't burn. You need to use the settings in Shrink to enable burning with Decrypter or Nero(your choice). The other way to use these 2 programs on new encrypted movies is to use Decrypter to rip to the HD, then open those files with Shrink to compress to the proper size. There are good guides off the guide tab at page top. Software can be downloaded off the software tab.

Jerry

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

8. notenut

notenut Member

thank you fo your info and support...I will press boldly on in an attempt to gain control of my computer....luck to me

9. notenut

notenut Member

o here it is...I now have dvd shrink...decrypter....icopydvds....imgtool...but I still cant figure it out I know it will take time but I sem to be missing somthing here.

10. Gringle

Gringle Guest

You maybe missing a couple of 'e's in your last posting notenut, 'part from thet yer English weren't all thet bad.

regards gringle:)

11. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

12. notenut

notenut Member

the e's dont even begin to cover all the things Im missing...lol anyway I got to step 32 on the recomended method of application but now it tells me that the TOC can not be found...and im so close ....just a few more strokes ....with any luck and good guidance....thank you all for your help

13. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I don't know what that means, maybe someone else can take over for me. The only thing I can suggest is are you using file f to burn the iso files? Are you putting your movie in a made up folder then bringing it up on shrink to burn? It will then stick it in another folder pay attention to where it sends it it will be different then the folder you origanally put it in. After shrink is done it will direct you where it put it. Click on that folder when you are in decrypter to burn to your blank media.

14. notenut

notenut Member

this is unreal ...I got everything and now it tells me thatthe tray is closed and medium not present....but it did everything else....I think Im getting closer....thank you for your help so far