1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie in need of PS2 DVD Burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Animefan1, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Animefan1

Animefan1 Member

I just got my Slide Card + Swap Magic Combo V3.3 And i I have read for 3 hours In this Forums ,and i Have a big understanding on which programs and Steps i must do For a backup A Ps2 dvd game. Im having problems though, Cheers for those who can help me, these are the problems with each one i try to do. Also I have hp cd writer/dvd
    ComBI RW 16x10/DVD

DVD Decrypter v3.5.1.0 - First i Open DVD Dexrypter
    (Note it says On the Log -W 20:58:47 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB)
    then i put my Game in which is "Fifa 2005" and I go to mode then iso then read, Then i click Decrypt. Now I take the game out and put a Blank Dvd-r Memorex then I Go to mode ,Iso,Write, (note i aleady put destination to the dvd file and also tryed with mds file)Heres where the problem is, The icon to click write so it can burn doesnt highlight, but i take out the blank dvd-r and put in a cd-r Memorex and It highlights, Why wont it do it for the dvd-r?

With Nero 6 Ultra Edition – Version 6.6 I cant get the speed to 1x, only options are 4x-16x

With Alcohol 120% It does the same thing DVd Decrypter does,which is, it doesnt read that i have inserted an blank Dvd-r Memorex.

I ask for Help plz, i am a lost confused Newbie that has invested so much money so far after all the lost of broken,lost,scratched games. Cheers and Thank u for those Who help.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what exact model is your hp writer?

3. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Does your writer definately burn DVD's? It sounds like youve just got a CD writer or your putting DVD-R into a DVD+R burner.

4. Animefan1

Animefan1 Member

Model? Sorry Im newbie, It says I have a Samsung V60 If thats what u ment by model.If that wrongs sorry where can i check to see what model i got.

Yeah it plays dvds on it,also on the disc tray it says Compact Disc ReWritable highspeed Dvd Rom

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

What is the model number of your DVD player. It may well play DVD's but it may only write to CD. To find out go to 'MY COMPUTER' right click on one of your drives and click 'HARDWARE', it should then list your drives by make and model.

6. Animefan1

Animefan1 Member

This is Info i Got when i did what u said

Name - Type
    ST380020A -Disk Drives
    Floppy Disk Drive -Floppy Disk Drives
    COMBI RW16x10/DVD -DVD/CD-Rom Drives

Drive was called DVD/CD-Rw Drive(E:)

7. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

double click 'COMBI RW6x10/DVD DVD/CD-Rom Drives' see if it gives you a model number in the next window.

8. Animefan1

Animefan1 Member

9. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Ok, that model number is for your PC not your CD drive, but thats no problem. Ive looked at the specification for your PC (as standard from factory) and it seems your CD/DVD drive is a CD-R/RW/DVD, which means if this is the drive that came with your computer from new you can play CD and DVD but can ONLY burn CD. So if this is the case the solution to your problem is to buy a DVD writer.

10. Animefan1

Animefan1 Member

I Think your right, so it turn out to be like this ,what driver should i buy that works great?

11. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

To be honest I dont really know which ones are good and which ones are not as i have only ever used one DVD burner. I have a RICOH MP5240A, I think its only a cheapy one, but I bought it over a year ago and have had zero problems with it. Trouble is its only a DVD+R which I believe older versions of PS2 dont read (I have a V9).

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

pioneer 108, $70 on pricewatch.com

13. Animefan1

Animefan1 Member

Id like to Thank u all that had helped me and Im going Go check those drives u told me about and buy one and when i install it ill let u guys know the outcome of what happend

14. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Hope it works out for you mate.