1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie: is it possible to put mp3's onto dvd-r to play in home dvd player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jockuk, May 19, 2004.

1. jockuk

jockuk Guest

firstly my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I have done a search but couldn't find the answer. Basically I have a panasonic home cinema system which plays dvd + and -, mp3 svcd vcd etc. and would like to put a load of mp3's onto a dvd-r disc and be able to play it in this when I try it says no disc......thanks in advance for any replies even nasty ones..

2. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

It is definetely possible, my dvd player does it just fine. Have u tried the dvd on something else such as your computer? Also, this may seem stupid, but check your dvd manual and make sure it reads dvd-r's and not just +r or rw.

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You might chack and see how many MP3's your player will support.. Most of them will only allow a certain amount of MP3's on a DVD. Mine will only allow 250. Which really defeats the purpose..Luckily I figured that out after 3 burned dvd's..Also they are picky about file structure and also file names. My modded PS2 will play as many as you can fit on a disk..Which is great.. hope this helps

Matt