1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie/Member/Senior Member?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Liquid86, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Ok, newbie I understand, what distinguishes myself from a member or senior member though? Do I have to donate to attain such a title or just answer a buncha questions? Or do I just sit here and let time go by and wait for someone to call me a member? lol, Don't mean to sound sarcastic...actually I do. But I certainly don't mind being a newbie, Just would like to know how people are distiguished...If someone could explain, that would be great!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]~Life is a liquid dream...let it flow!
    Athlon XP 2000+, GeForce3 ti-500, 512MB DDR Plextor 24x10x40A, Pioneer 16x DVD
    60 gig Maxtor HD, XP Pro! [/small]

2. Evad

Evad Member

usually if you post enough and help enough people you will get noticced and become a member

Evad

3. monzaman

monzaman Guest

O Sir I am but a newbie

But I got my first computer in '82 (yep 22 years ago) a spanking Sinclair ZX81 with 16K of mem and we had to install progs via tape or machine code (How many no what that is?) do you know how a pc or mac works at base level??

Was You Born?

To me NEWBIE status is a compliment of the highest order! Oh how I remember the days before the web, those rubber ringed modems and BBoards.5.25 floppies, BASIC, constant crashes (every 10 mins if lucky) and as for HD's what HD's? But we all worked at it! Today really p's me off as half (or more) can't even be bothered to do a simple search for the answers but EXPECT answers for free, on demand. I try and help here and there but their sheer half wit mentality gets my gall. Its a bit like UNI (no I never went) but the emphasis has gone from CONTRIBUTING to mankinds knowledge to mearly LEARNING from other peoples knowledge.
    Oh and if anyone disagrees I hold three PATENTS (makes degrees look rather silly) or do you hold more?

I dont want to blow my own trumpet but..... no I'm tired.... bed time.

4. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Umm dude...A simple "This is listed in the search topic dumb@$$" would've done the trick...I didn't need a long winded speech about how much of a moron I am...

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Thats one thing you gotta get used to on forums liquid, especially on this forum because this forums allows any email address and doesnt make you wait days before you can post!!

6. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Thanks for the tip Dela...this guy just seems to be full of himself and is kinda rude to other people posting stuff. Everyone else has been great though, like you and Chriso123. Ive learned more in threedays than in a lifetime of experimenting! This site roxxor hard!

7. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Thanks, I joined around Easter last year and rose to Senior Merber fairly quickly (well a few months anyway) and I'm sure you will.

8. Dela

I rose to senior member in one month =). I joined back in August 2002 I think, been on top of the forums all but 5 or 6 of the weeks since lol, cant help it, bbs'ing gets a little addictable!! All you got to do is post good posts and try and help out as much as you can and you become a senior member very fast =). Although it doesn't really mean much, all it does is give you a status saying Senior Member =)

9. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I can remember this forum before it even had a top poster thing. If they had one then, I would have been top quite alot of the time.

10. Dela

I wasnt here that long Chris!! I might post perhaps a little too much but when i look back over my first posts, I have become a lot smarter! shit i learned more of this forum than from school for the last few years!!

11. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

funny...monzaman's account is now inactive...Yea, I've been helping as much as I can with things, though as far as really technical things go I'm still kind of a newbie anyways, lol. I'm learning though, than you all for the help!

12. Dela

The best place to learn is reading through this forum and other forums! :)

13. Rebel78

Rebel78 Member

<<<<<<<Newbie!! Considerig this is my first post on these forums, I guess it makes sense.

I post to alot of different message boards and this one looks really cool, alot of good info seems to be on here.

14. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Looking over some old topics, I've found some topics where I helped Dela with some really basic things. Must have been from when he was still a newbie/member.

15. Dela

I looked over my first posts aswell, lots of weird discussions. :)

16. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I seem to remember answering some questions about TMPGEnc for you. Maybe it was someone else. That was a long time ago.

17. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Sounds like there is a senior member showdown going on here HEE HEE!

ur not brothers r u?

18. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Mayby it's best that I join here too ??!!

My first post was also at the end of 2002.
    Learned also a lot at the AD forums.

19. baabaa

baabaa Active member

If I keep posting here, will I get to be a senior member aswell? LOL:)

20. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Anyone can learn more about computers from this forum than any school could teach.

Speaking of which I had to teach my IT teacher (he was just a trainee) how to make a pie chart in excel!!! lol