1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Modchip/Bios question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by AV8B_USMC, Nov 30, 2004.

1. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Hi everyone, I want to get my first ever modchip and am right now looking at the Spider and the Xenium Ice (solderless) because they look easy to install (couldn't solder to save my life lol). What do you guys recommend for a newbie? 2nd question... Bios. Will I be able to play a backup game with the Bios that come with the modchip or will I have to flash new ones? Thanks ahead of time, learning alot from you guys.

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

For the most part,you will have to find your own bios files.....they are easy to find anyways. And yes you can play backups and alot of other things as well after you mod the thing. Good luck :)

3. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Thanks for replying, yeah I kinda figured I'd have to get new bios, I was trying to figure out if chip would be able to run a backup without "new" bios. But now I know it won't, oh well. I ended up ordering the Xenium Ice, and now I'm going crazy waiting for it to get here.

4. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

another quick question..... Will any bios work with any chip, or do you have to use specific bios for each chip? Does anyone have a recomendation for bios with the xenium ice chip? These probally seem like dumb questions for you more experienced guys, but I'm still learning and appreciate all the help I can get.

5. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

never mind, got it all figured out now. Already downloaded 'em and everything.

6. aaddaam

aaddaam Member

Hay were did you download them from

7. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

mainly you can get them from irc. OR you can try to get them from a P2P like shareaza or kazaa.

8. aaddaam

aaddaam Member

hay wat bios did you download because if you downloaded the x24977 bios can you email it to me

9. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I don't have that one, but I have some others. If your still interested pm me and give me your email.