1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Modder

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by macNxbox, Dec 12, 2004.

1. macNxbox

macNxbox Guest

Hey,
    I currently have two xboxs and would like to add a mod chip to one of them. Which is the best kind? After I get a mod chip and install it, is that all I need? What os or dashboard should i use (evo, xbox media center)? Im mainly just wanting to be able to put a larger hard drive in my xbox and burn my games to it. Would dvd2xbox allow me to burn my games and dvds to my xbox using only my xbox or would I have to plug it into my pc through a network or crossover cable? I have any networking supplies that I may need because I have a network in my home, so if anyone has any recommendations, then please reply. Thanks,
    macNxbox

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I'm not into chips,so I couldn't help you there. I hear solderless chips are the best though.

Also, you CAN use DVD2XBOX to backup games from your Xbox DVD drive to your hdd, but you still need to connect your computer to your xbox in order to FTP Dvd2xbox over to the xbox. You can't get around FTPing to your xbox,so you might as well do it :)

3. dg101

dg101 Member

How do you connect the xbox to the computer i have the dvd2xbox but i dont know how to get it on there?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to have a CROSSOVER CABLE (not a patch cable) and a second NIC/Ethernet card (or an alternative would be a hub/router/switch)