1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie (more like virgin) looking for help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by XxBurnXx, Mar 23, 2007.

1. XxBurnXx

XxBurnXx Member

Hello everyone,

I appologize if this is posted in the wrong forum..

I've recently just got into burning AVI's to DVD. Just to give an idea of where i am knowledge wise i'll explain what ive been doing in short. I had d/l 37 gigs of star trek enterprise and i needed to get it off my PC, A friend suggested that i use avi2dvd and when looking for help using the program i stumbled on this site wich i found was like a bible and read some stuff everyday.

Only way ive found to put multiple episodes on 1 disc is to join the files. In any case this is going well so far but it'd be nice to know how to do this without having to join files.. As you know ,this doesnt always work due to sound , resolution or w/e it could be.

Now for the reason of my post. I'd like to start ripping burning DVD's but realized it wasnt as easy as encoding/burning AVI's. I've tried going through the forums for help but there is so many posts about everything it's very hard to find a "starter" post.

I'm looking for VERY BASIC , entry level tips on how to go about doing this. Any links , comments (constructive and helpfull ones) are very welcome.. Thank you for reading this , and thank you for replying with any help you may offer!

2. dja2002

dja2002 Member

I would use ConvertXtoDvd or Nero Vision, I'm by no means an expert but they are both pretty fuss free and you can just drag and drop and each episode will be on a separate chapter, you can create menus if you like but I don't bother.

As for ripping DVD’s there are all the links for the progs on here.

I’m sure someone else will be more enlightening than I am.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. XxBurnXx

XxBurnXx Member

Hi dja,

I tried nero vision and was really happy about what it did with menus and everything else... althaugh i did run into an audio problem. The sound is in sync but it sounds like chipmunks with a shaky voice. i tried a few different burns but all the same... any ideas?