1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie - need help with dlink router

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jonessa, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jonessa

jonessa Member

I have hughesnet with a hn7000s modem. I recently bought a dell latitude laptop and dlink di-624 router. Laptop works fine when plugged directly into modem - but when hooked up wirelessly with router - it says I am connected - but web pages say cannot be displayed - cannot access web sites - my ip address and default gateway are exactly the same - should they be?

please help

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Your IP address should be slightly different from your default gateway. For example your default gateway, assuming its the same as my DI-624, is 192.168.0.1

Your IP address should be something like 192.168.0.100. Log into your router by typing your default gateway, which should be something like 192.168.0.1, the default username and password for this router is:

Username: admin

The password is nothing, just type "admin" in the username field and push enter.

You should then see a screen similar to this.

From there click on "DHCP". This will pull up a screen similar to this one.

Make sure "Enabled" has a bubble in it like mine. If the bubble is on "disabled" then click the "enabled" bubble followed by the "Apply" check mark.

This will allow your DI-624 to assign your computer its own personal IP address, which will allow it to connect to the internet.

3. jonessa

jonessa Member

thanks - i guess i needed the dns server number - but i have it working now - you can close this post