1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWBIE need help with software and walkthrough.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by joemoe, Jan 10, 2005.

1. joemoe

joemoe Member

What software do I need to play my burned disks on my PS2? How do I burn backups? Do I burn them to CDs or DVDs? Does it matter what PS2 I have? Do I need A chip?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

-If you dont have a modchip, then you should buy the SwapMagic v3.3 discs. With these discs, you will need to pickup a fliptop lid or a slidecard to accomplish the swap properly.
    -To backup your games, I'd suggest Dvd Decrypter. It is free and simple to use. Plenty of info in the forums on this program.
    -You burn cd-based games onto cdr's and use the SwapMagic cd disc to load them; You burn the dvd-based games onto dvdr's and use the SwapMagic dvd disc to load them.
    -Yes it matters what ps2 you have. Version 1-3 ps2's only run dvd-r's. Some v4's run -r and some run +r. V5 and up should run both. Also, if you plan on getting the fliptop lid you have to get the one that fits your version.
    -You only need a chip, if you're not going to use a swap method like SwapMagic.