1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needs answers

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by NapalmStr, Nov 5, 2003.

1. NapalmStr

NapalmStr Member

after endless reading of this and other forums, coupled with the introduction of the solderless MC, i've decided to take the plunge and mod my box...or maybe i'm just bored. here is what i have and what i plan on buying. could a more experienced poster (RUSTY) please look at my planned setup and tell me if i need to lurk a little longer before taking the plunge. suggestions would be appreciated.

Have:
    Intel P4 2.5Ghz
    512MB SDRAM
    120Gig HD
    HP DVD Writer 300n (DVD+r\+rw)
    XBOX v1.0

Buying / Getting:
    Chameleon (pre-flashed w/linux Cromwell BIOS) w/Solderless Adapter
    EvolutionX V1 8 3752 (dashboard)
    EvoX M7 Bios
    FlashFXP 2.1
    Craxtion ISO tool
    Roxio CD and DVD CReator 6 (to burn iso files to a blank DVDs)
    Media: TDK 4X DVD+R

somebody please tellme that i'm not over my head.

2. agent000

agent000 Member

you good, that is awsome

3. NapalmStr

NapalmStr Member

thanks agent.

a couple quick questions:
    Nero seems to be the burn software of choice, any issues with roxio creator 6 burning the iso?

what about about my choice in chips. does the chameleon have any worts? honestly, the solderless feature is what sold me. also, easybuy2000.com seems to be the only place to purchase it at. are they still having shipping problems? oh yeah, do i need or should purchase the Programmer?

thanks man

4. agent000

agent000 Member

i used nero 6, and i heard from a lot of people that Easybuy2000.com sucks bad. like this one guy said that he didnt get his chip 60 days after he purchased it. i would say get a Xecuter 2.2 pro from modchipsource.com. they have good ships there. and they come with external switches. and the charmeleon doesnt, you have to flash it with a CD.

5. NapalmStr

NapalmStr Member

does the xecuter 2.2 pro have a solderless option?

6. phatstrat

phatstrat Guest

wait...whats wrong with easybuy2000.com now? oh jeeze....wtf!?!? *looks at his tracker info....i knew something should have been here.....16 days ago....come on easybuy this is so anoying....dont gimme your bullsquirt 48 processing&billing and then 2 days to uh.....jack off......and then...uh ....2 more weeks cause we're lazy...then 3-6....million business days....god......they want me to allow....all of this... whatever....they lose hella customers by doing this. Stupid ass canadians!!!!!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The Irish Unfortunate[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2003
  7. Spine

Spine Member

Eww why you running a P4 on SDRAM.

8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

A couple of things you may wanna check out first.
    EvolutionX dash v1.8.3921.
    Team Xaviers Auto Installer - www.xbox100.com

Easybuy2000 isn't the only reseller of Chameleon chips ;) But I have ordered from them plenty of times and have had both bad and good experiences. Mostly good. You have to consider that most people that do have a good experience with Easybuy and installing their chip don't post asking for help.

Also once you make your ISO correctly you can use any burning software to burn the disc. I use Roxio EZ CD Creator 5 and have no problems.

With DVD+R and RW's you may find that not every brand of disc's works with your Xbox, especially the cheaper no name brands.

The Chameleon is a great chip. It's best feature is not having external switches hanging out of the Xbox. Everything can be controlled using the EvolutionX dash.

RustyDog

9. phatstrat

phatstrat Guest

RUSTYDOG!!!!! DO YOU HAVE AIM?????
    OR AN EMAIL ADRESS I COULD TALK TO YOU PERSONALLY THROUGH. COME ON... ILL BE MORE LIKELY TO SEND DONATIONS.

10. richard77

richard77 Member

Okay, f**k u phatstrat, I got my Chameleon in 4!!!! days after ordering(FROM EASYBUY2K!!!, and IM a Canadian, so SCR*W U!

11. GetModded

GetModded Guest

phatstrat,

I very rarely get on any instant messenger services. You can email or PM me anytime.

RustyDog

12. phatstrat

phatstrat Guest

every american knows candians suck...and canadia in gerneral sucks ass...i still have not recived my chip....i live in nor-cali i ordered it on sunday night...if i got the chip...right now.....i would think otherwise of you canadians...

wanna goto war with america...we know you guys have a secret weapon...the canadian hockey army...all armed with razor sharp edged hockey sticks...i mean its obvious....you guys arent good at anything but hockey......well you do have good health plans...but still...

rusty dog....use AIM more often then....and IM me"phatstrat888" or email me at "paintballa@gogoworld.com"

13. richard77

richard77 Member

well phatstrat, im not going to keep this argument going for fear of being banned from afterdawn.com forums, so, think of it this way

1. Who designed the arm for the International Space Station? WE DID!
    2. Who developed insulin injections and saved millions of diabetic's lives? WE DID!
    3. Who developed the worlds first wireless technology and sparked the digital age? WE DID!

So next time you are watching NASA or see a diabetic or lift your cell phone/cordless to your ear, think of Canada!

Richard

14. phatstrat

phatstrat Guest

oh i do....but i also think of them every time a cell goes off in the theatre...and...uh...that arm thingy going crazy and killin geveryone on board the space station....so ...uh..."OH CANADA...."

15. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

haha..
    free entertainment..

16. richard77

richard77 Member

oh youre clever... ha ha... NOT!

17. fishatwin

fishatwin Member

I just bought an xecuter 2.2 lite. it has cromwell bios & is asking for a bios cd. Do i have to download & install linux or can I use anyhing else. I only use my xbox for games & want to keep things as simple as possible.