1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs help with D2B Wii (Solved)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by heero884, Nov 10, 2007.

1. heero884

heero884 Member

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of modding the Wii and the instructions for the Wiikey was a bit confusing. Is point 3 missing on all D2B boards? I bought my Wii earlier this year and I have confirmed I have the D2B chipset. The legs are not cut. Soldering to leg 5 of the IC is pretty tricky and I want to avoid doing this if possible. On my Wii it appears point 3 is there and the trace for it is intact. Does this mean my point 3 is functional?

Thank-you for reading!

2. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

Point 3 is not missing on all d2b boards. Mine had all points and they worked just peachy. Use long wires to do the mod - I did a short wire mod at first, and it didn't work so well. BTW: You can use a multi-meter to check the pads against the chip. You'll need one if you're going to be doing the soldering anyway to make sure you didn't bridge anything.

3. heero884

heero884 Member

THANKS A LOT!!!!

I suspected so but the wording on the instructions made me wonder if I interpreted it wrong.

I just used a ohm meter to test resistance and it was able to pick up some resistance between point 3 and leg 5 of the IC. Looks like I'll be doing the long wire mod. I feel stupid for not thinking of that myself :X

THANKS A LOT!!!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007