1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needs help with first dvd back up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DeZE, Sep 27, 2004.

1. DeZE

DeZE Guest

im trying to back up my dvd's.first,i run them through dvd shrink and it takes so long,secounfly i run it throught dvd decrypter and it burns it.
    my question is why does it take that long to copy using dvd shrink......

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

ummmm. If you provided a bit more information (comp specs, drive used, how long its actually taking) we could help.

1- Check and make sure your drives havent switched to PIO mode
    2- If your using your burner as your reader, most only rip at 2x unless you find a hacked firmware for it
    3- If your using the newer versions of shrink with the quality settings, or doing deep analysis, it could take anywhere up to an hour, or more, to encode

3. DeZE

DeZE Guest

i have a pentuim 2 350 ,128mb ram and a lg dual ,layer dvd burner that i use as a mdeia machine,it takes about 6 hours to ripp and burn a dvd.
    also im trying to burn avi's to dvd and when i do it with a avi it wont burn i just get a error but other avi;s seem to work

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Hell I’m surprised that you can burn at all with a P2 350 MHz and 128mb of ram (more ram might help but the p2 350mhz is most defiantly hurting you.) I don’t think that short of a new system you can do much to improve your ripping and wrighting speed. Sorry to be so blunt.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Procrastinate Now![/small]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member