1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs help with playback Sizing!!!!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Marz, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Marz

Marz Member

Whats up? I download a movie and works good and all...but the sizing is messed up. I tried fooling around with the full screen and video size and it won't enlarge. I'm using Windows media player 9. The video is stuck in a small box. If i put it on full screen, sometimes it will go to full screen for a second, but then it gets shifted to the lower left hand corner in a smaller box. If i watch it on the regular screen(not full screen), the video is also in the lower left hand corner. Is there anyway to fix this so i can watch on full screen?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Its just the way the movie was encoded. You have to get used to stuff like when downloading movies!

3. Marz

Marz Member

Yeah, thats true....but get this scenario...My friend downloaded a movie on a cd...gave it to me and it played full screen some time ago...Now I try to play the same movie and Its is now in the small box left hand screen format...go figure... did I download something that does this to my screen when i open movie files???? whats the deal???...I even tried playing them with divix and they don't work at all....The error says "Divix Error Failed to open movie.avi"

4. Marz

Marz Member

also...If I play the movie in Kazza, it works...but doesn't go full screen either...only the audio works on full screen

5. Dela

Did you install any new codecs lately??

6. Marz

Marz Member

I downloaded Nimo 50 build 7 codec pack...hoping this would solve my problem but it didn't....Also...my friend played the movie on his computer and it worked fine...now i know it must be my computer...

7. Dela

I'd reckon its a codec problem! I don't know what codec's you have installed, I only know that you have the nimo pack (which is useless anyway) installed.

8. Marz

Marz Member

Could you or anyone recommend some codecs that i can install that might help might problem? Thanks For the help!!!

9. Dela

10. harvey713

harvey713 Member

F11 works for me.

11. Marz

Marz Member

Where would I find that F11 Codec? ok...I reinstalled windows media player 9...still no full screen though....When I try to play at full screen, the audio and visual freeze for a sec and then it brings me back to the regualar screen. I am just about ready to give up!!! I'm sure it must be a codec somewhere that if messin it up because as I said, one movie worked before in fullscreen. =( If there is a codec somewhere that i need that will fix this please leave the link.

12. Marz

Marz Member

I downloaded the link you left Dela, if its good its good to have then...but prob still not fixed =( ...computer ready to go out window

13. Dela

Actually there is no such thing as the F11 codec what he really meant by that was press the f11 key. I don't understand exactly why your display is coming up the way it is. Do you have the Nimo Codec Pack Installed??

14. Marz

Marz Member

I do have the codec pack I mentioned installed. The f11 keys doesn't do anythin when i hit it.

15. Dela

Codec packs often cause problems! Did u try to uninstall it and just get the exact codecs you need?

16. Marz

Marz Member

yeah i did...but how do i know which ones i need....there was a list of 20 or so...and I don't believe they gave a description as to what they do. Only a brief one in the title.

17. Dela

The one codec you really need, I already listed above in the thread, another you need is the xVid codec (try kazaa, look for the one by vite) and the tmd codec http://www.tmdmoviez.com

What could have happened is that one of the other codecs replaced the codec you were using in the begining causing the sizing to go odd.

18. Marz

Marz Member

well I'm pretty sure i have all the codecs i need..still no success...I guess I have to uninstall some codecs so the new ones can take effect? How do I do that?? I know when I reinstalled windows media player, i saw some codecs that were installed w/ the program. Do I still need those or do i just need the ones you recommened. If so How do I disable them? I looked in the help part of WMP and it didn't have much on codecs. I know I have the tmd installed b/c it is listed in my files, but do I have to open the file? If so I can't find it. When I installed tmd codec, it didn't say finish installing....a blue scroll bar went across and it looked like it was finished and then that was it. on the other hand, The xvid codec is on there too and it has two programs (AVic.exe and Mini Calc.exe) that I can open. Is there a certain order to use this two programs/codecs? or tmd codec. Sorry for all the ???s but as u can tell i am a newbie and dont' know much bout all dis stuff...thanks for all your help.

19. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

20. Naug

Naug Guest

I have the same problem!!! Now the second time. The first time it happend with all videos on all players. That time I could fix it by changing the choice of codecs in the Nimo codec Package. This time though, it seems to only occur on XviD files, but again on all players. I also haven't found any configuration with my codecs which could deal with that problem.

Please, could anyone help us finding out which codec does that or which one helps avoiding that problem...