1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs help with psp download, experts please help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by newbrown, Jul 7, 2007.

1. newbrown

newbrown Guest

HEy well im new to this torrent stuff and i just suscribed to psp blender and i dont know how to get my downloaded games onto my psp i have no idea what im doing please help

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

First of all which firmware are you using?

If the files you have downloaded are rar/zip files then extract the iso/cso file inside it into any folder on your computer. Then on the root of your memory stick (the first screen you enter when you click on your PSP drive) make a folder called "ISO" and place the files in there.

What to do next depends on your firmware, but on any custom firmware, the games automatically show up inside your "Game" folder in your psp menu.

3. newbrown

newbrown Guest

ok so the firmware is the version of my psp right? if so i thinks it is a 2.81

4. newbrown

newbrown Guest

and how do i extract the iso files, my downloaded game downloaded into a folder that has a bunch of winrar torrent files in it.

5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, with your firmware (2.81) you can't use ISO's and Homebrew, you will have to downgrade to 1.5, then up to a custom firmware (3.40 OE-A).

The way you can downgrade to 1.5 is to first upgrade to firmware 3.03 and get yourself an unpatched GTA: Liberty City Stories UMD (This has firmware update 2.0 built into it, not 2.6 like the patched version, the patched version will NOT work)

You will have to search around for instructions on how to downgrade to 1.5 from 3.03 using the GTA:LCS disk. Also there is a small chance of bricking your psp, yet this is the only way to get to 1.5 and be able to play ISO's

You could also upgrade to version 3.50, as there has just been a new downgrader to 1.5 from 3.50 using a UMD of the game Lumines, you can also search for information on this.

If you manage to get to firmware 1.5 then you can easily upgrade to custom firmware 3.40 OE-A, hope this helps a bit

6. newbrown

newbrown Guest

ok thanks a little complicated but i think i can get it, so how do i extract the files from the zip file i downloaded?

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, once you either get to 1.5 or 3.40 OE-A, open up the rar file, then click the button that says "Extract to" act choose where you want the files to be placed (somewhere easy to find like Desktop or My Docs)

Inside the extracted folder there will either be a .iso file or a .cso file, this is the one you have to place in the folder "ISO" on your memory stick

8. newbrown

newbrown Guest

are the gamnes of GTA at best buy unpatched?

9. newbrown

newbrown Guest

and does the lumines game have to be unpatched?

10. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

The GTA game's are all patched now, you would have to buy an unpatched version on ebay i think, but all the original lumines games work, your best bet is to order a lumines game from amazon or something if you want to go for that option

Also, for downgraders, take into account the EXACT firmware they are used for, eg: the 2.8 downgrader will not work with your 2.81

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  11. newbrown

newbrown Guest

so is this the only way to get a custom firmware or is there an option where i dont have to buy anything?

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Unfortunately with your firmware this is the only way, it was only with earlier firmwares that could be downgraded without using an exploit on a UMD

13. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Just been looking and found these (I don't take credit for them, a person called RiPPERD posted the original links):

3.03 Downgrader
    REQUIRES PSP DATA CABLE & GTA:LCS (unpatched UMD)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1034

Also If You Dont Have GTA:LCS & Have Lumines Then You Can Use The...

3.50 Firmware Downgrader
    REQUIRES PSP DATA CABLE & LUMINES (UMD)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1181

OFFICIAL PSP FIRMWARES (Needed For The Process)

1.50 Official Firmware
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4

3.03 Official Firmware
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/958

3.50 Official Firmware
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1164

CUSTOM FIRMWARE FILES (For when you have got to 1.5)

3.40OE Custom Firmware
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1132

When you downgrade make sure you have full battery life, and come back and ask if you don't know how to do something

14. newbrown

newbrown Guest

great thanks

15. mviesca

mviesca Member

hello um i downloaded the iso and i right click and do what you said...and it says no archives found...since i couldn't extract it then i just copied it onto the iso folder on the root of my psp..so is it a bad iso or could i have done something wrong?
    help please..thanks

16. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

First of all, if you couldn't extract it, it is probably already in iso/cso format, to check this, right click on the file in question, then click "Properties", look at "Type of File", it will tell you it's an iso/cso. Just place it in your ISO folder.

If it's a rar file then it will tell you that it's a "WinRAR archive". If you have the winrar and it's a rar file, double click it like any other file, it will open into a screen showing what's in the file, there will be an iso/cso, click it once to highlight the file blue.
    Then click on the "Extract to" button and choose the ISO folder on your PSP.

If you don't have winrar, you need to get it, it's free and opens the rar files, which nearly everything you download comes in.

When your iso/cso is in the X:\ISO\ folder, make sure that all the iso's are in the main ISO folder, not in separate folders inside the ISO folder, or your PSP will say it is corrupt data as it can't read through the folders to the iso.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007