1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MikeD-NYC, Oct 30, 2004.

1. MikeD-NYC

MikeD-NYC Member

i have 2 ps2's. one i just had an mod chip installed. The other i installed the flip top and have swap magic. i cannot get backups to play in either. The one that was mod'd, i insert a dvd-r backup that was burned with alcohol 120% at 1X. the white playstation 2 logo comes on like normal, and then it goes to a screen that shows a picture of a disc and it says on the screen that it's a ps2 game. so i hit "x" to run the disc. the same white "playstaion 2" logo comes up again, and it again goes back to the screen with the picture of the disc. any idea what's going on here? this happens when i play my backup of nhl2005, leisure suit larry, or tiger woods 2005. any help?
    So i tried to use swap magic dvd 2.0 to play these games in the ps2 that i installed the flip top on. swap magic says "insert disc" ...i insert the disc and it freezes with a green border.

any ideas how i can play back up games or what's wrong? i'm using memorex dvd-r...i've tried imation dvd+r, and alcohol 120% burning at 1X.

please help...
    much appreciated fellas!
    mikeD

2. MikeD-NYC

MikeD-NYC Member

3. MikeD-NYC

MikeD-NYC Member

anyone?

4. knapptown

knapptown Member

I ues swap magic as well but I am using dvd decrytpter to read and write to my blank media so I don't have any advice on alcohol 120%. I suggest to try downloading and using decrypter for you game backups. You may be using alcohol 120% right but a green border at the insert disk screen indicates a bad burn (although sometimes it's pink). When disk are burnt correctly and will load properly, I always get a blue border before it goes and loads the backup. Hope this helps.

5. BiGsAl

BiGsAl Guest

[bold} DID YOU FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT YET MIKE?
    .[/bold]

6. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

I usually use decryptor with dvd-r burnt at 1x using ritek , but recently had a problem getting a good working copy of san andreas so I tried this method with alcohol 120 and made a good copy on a rw disc anyway check out this posting for the settings to use on alochol http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121556