1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needs help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vennas, Mar 16, 2005.

1. vennas

vennas Member

Iv stumbled upon a game off the internet, that i already own. its is zipped up in a .rar file and contains further .rar files inside then data inside these. can anyone help me burn to dvd so it will work as a backup, or point me to a direction that can?
    cheers

2. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

Use winarar to extract all the .rar. If there are more under that, use winrar again. Burn the iso as an image. Even though I don't see why you downloaded it if you already own it :/:/

3. vennas

vennas Member

cheers for the help, but how do i go about burning the iso as an image? and there doesnt apear to be an iso, just a .cue and .bin
    cheers

4. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

In nero when you browse for the image, hit the down arrow at the bottom for "file types", then select "all image files". Browse to the .cue and use it.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

it's much better to burn from the original.
    Also when you use Winrar you usually only have to extract the first file in the list, should be one that has a file name like filename.0001 and after you extract it you should get an ISO. I have no idea what to do with Bin and Cue files because i have only seen those when backing up movies. And with movies i know that you burn the CUe file.