1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Needs helps please.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiiaddict, Jul 20, 2007.

1. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

i guys i am very new to this stuff i have been reading up on downloading games and using usenet servers and stuff like that for about 3 months now. juts as i have got every sorted like signed up to a server and started downloading stuff i have come to a stop.

this is my prob when i download a wii game i go to repair it using quickpar and the par files that i got with the rest of the files. i got the whole thing using a zbn and i loaded that into newrover and then it started downloading. when i try to repare it it does not repare all of it and then when i got to extract the files its missing loads of files and it wont extract. could some1 help me please thanks alot. guys

(p.s sorry if that dont make sense.)

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

it depends on your newsgroup provider as some have better retention than others and some seem to keep the files intact better than others

who u with?

also if u have probs u cud request somebody to post more pars to repair the files

i usually re download the damaged files from a different newsgroup if possible then retry the pars

3. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

i am with thunder news. i have heard good things about then and the retention is very good. i have also tryed a dvd (spider man 3) and its the same. do you get this prob all the time??? i am not using any news groups that my newserver providing me i am just using a website that give me an znb then i load that into newsrover and then it all just downloads. its really winding me up coz im paying for the service and atm i am not using it lol. get back to me asap

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

maybe the nzbs are pointing to old posts - older they are more chance of damage

try it with a newer posting or do a manual search of your newsgroup for the files u want

5. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

ok i will do i am at the moment downloading harry potter and that is new so i will see what happens.

p.s do you guys think that newsleecher is better than newrover coz i have heard that newsleecher unpacks and repairs all the files automatically>

6. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i use newsleecher

works great

dunnno bout it doing it auto - i prefer to do it manually

7. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

so what do you do then use qucikpar and then use winrar??????

8. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

i have been doing some reserch on the program quickpar and i know this may be a stupid q but you can create par2 files with quickpar so if i am missing some files instead of requesting them couldnt i just create some??????

9. wiiaddict

wiiaddict Member

have downloaded a game using a zbn from v3.usenet which i have subscribed to. last night i downloaded a nintendo wii game Big Brain Academy. this morning the download finished and i just clicked on the par2 files so quickpar can run and check it for missing files. quickpar has checked it and found one missing file. in the download was par2 files to repair it. quickpar said ready to recover using 33/36 recovery blocks. so i clicked recover and it done what it did it got to 100% then it said savid to disk and then it poped up faild to repair. im just wondering what do i do now. have i done something wrong. please help me im finding it soo frustrating.

hi again. been mucking about so i thought i would try the repair again and this time it said reapair sucssefull. i was well chuffed. but now i have hit another problem. i have tryed to extract using winrar but it said the archive it unknown or damaged. so i came back to the webiste and went to extracting and i have read there that winrar sometimes cant extract them and it told me to download 7 zip. i did what it said but now 7 zip is saying crc failed then the file name then file is broken. ???? what does this mean i thought i was doing good but i have hit another problem ???????????// please help asap

p.s sorry for a essay lol