1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needs specs for video editing PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by narfeg, Feb 17, 2005.

1. narfeg

narfeg Member

Hi guys! Im kinda new here, Im planning to assemble my first PC. I need a PC that's quite souped up enough to enable me to:
    1)do graphic design using photoshop and pagemaker
    2)do video editing

I find this site really informative! but I must admit though that Im a beginner when it comes to computers so I really dont know much about these stuff. Im from the Philippines, around here we can get lots of parts at cheaper prices so I would like to get the best specs as possible. Thanks alot in advance!

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

greetings. you really don't need a SUPER fast computer to do photo and video editing, but you do need some power. In other words, you don't need to buy the fastest processor, or 2 gigs of ram, or a really expensive video card.

For your purposes, I'd recommend:
    -MSI or ASUS motherboard
    -3.0 or 3.2 Gig P4, or comporable AMD Athlon would be fine
    -1GB DDR Ram
    -128MB Video card
    I also recommend getting 2 seperate HDs. For a few reasons. First, because your editing will go much smoother by having a separate system drive and media drive. Second, if one crashes, you don't lose everything that was on your computer. So maybe go with an 80 GB for system, and anywhere from 120 to 250GB for media storage, depending on how much video editing you are doing.

You really have a lot of options though. Search around and see what you like.

3. narfeg

narfeg Member

ok il do that and thanks alot!