1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needs your help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tangfj, May 22, 2002.

1. tangfj

tangfj Member

I want to start burning dvds that I have and I was wondering what dvd burner is the best for burning dvd copies.

Also I wanted to know if anyone knows if the Toshiba SD3750 will play burned dvds.... I know it will play vcds if you burn them right, but vcd's suck anyway in terms of their quality for the most part. Anyway, the SD3750 is the dvd player I own and want to know if it works with burned dvds. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it a lot!!

Thanks....

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

DVD-Rs and DVD+RWs both should work with 95% of the stand-alones. DVD-R discs and drives are currently slightly cheaper than DVD+RWs -- blank media for DVD-R costs around $1 - $2 a piece.

3. tangfj

tangfj Member

thanks... i came along some info on dvdplusrw.org that indicates that dvd+rw and dvd+r will work on the SD3750 so I think I am going to get the HP DVD200i or the Sony DRU120A.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

vcdhelp.com has a full list of DVD players' compatibilities, check that one, so you know what your player supports.