1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie plz help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BauerCTU, Dec 18, 2003.

1. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

ive recently ripped some of My Ps2 dvd based games and i now have the bin and cue files ready of these games. no ive made quite a few costers lol and i think the reason is bad quality disks. ive used memorex CD-R 700mb using nero + alcohol and they dont work. i have flip-lid with swap magic 3.0 and a the v7 loader disc. i have a version 1 playstation 2(yes i was a lucky boy getting it on release date). is my ps2 to old to read the ripped DVD to CD-R or am i indeed using bad quality media (which ive been told its ok 4 PS2 backups of CD-R) or am i booting wrong. Any theories would be of help.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2003
  2. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

now ive heard something that i need a TOC disk to play my CD-R backs ups from a DVD. i still think its bad media. any one have any thoughts

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

media is fine. If your rip is greater than 650 meg, then yes, you need the extra toc disc, because the swap magic cd alone cannot boot anything over 650 meg.

4. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

were can i get a TOC disc. also i had Fifa 2004,M:I operation surma,Soul Calliber 2,SSX3 to backup on cd which were all ripped from dvd. ive tried burning all using nero and alcohol and i managed to get M:I working perfectly but no of the others will work at all. that 1 im afraid is strange