1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question: SVCD playback after burning Bin/Cue with Alcohol 120

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Hammurabi, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Member

Hi,

This should be common knowledge I guess, but I couldn't find the answer in your guides, which predominantly give answers on how to create bin/cue files.

On my first two attempts to write two bin/cue file I found (containing movies) to CDR, I had no trouble producing the CDR, but I couldn't playback the movies.

When my computer prompts me to play the CDR in my DVD player Windows Media Player crashes or gives me the message format not supported.
    The Spec's of my DVD Player are (Samsung SD 616F) and my CD writer (HP CD-writer cd16f) on a XP platform.

The CDR contains 5 subdirs EXT, EXTRA, MPEG2, SEGMENT and SVCD. The actual data are in the file AVSEQ01 in subdir MPEG2 I guess.

Maybe you can help me out.

2. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Member

Bye the way the first disc was created with Nero 5.5.10.28.

The second was cerated with Alcohol 120

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hey i have that dvd player :) have u tried to play it in windvd? i mean the avseq01.mpog file in the mpeg2 foldeR?