1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie question...thanks

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mgs937, Jan 27, 2004.

1. mgs937

mgs937 Member

i am a complete newbie to this copying thing...i am about to get a dvd copier so i can afford more ps2 games....but how does copying a ps2 game work? is it just the same as copying a music cd? where you insert the dvd, it copies to the HD, then you insert the blank dvd, and the info on the HD copies to the blank? simple like that? im not sure b/c i've seen all this talk about a dozen DVD software names doing this and that....so please clue me in...thanks

2. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Well first off you will need either a modchip in you ps2 or a fliptop. Your ps2 has to be altered to play backups. Do you have either of those?

3. mgs937

mgs937 Member

no, but im looking to buy a slidecard since its safter and cheaper, all i have to do is swap the discs...plus its only like 40 bucks...instead of a modchip which is $$$ and installation $$$.....(even though its much easier) but i had this 15$ external modchip with my origional ps1 and i just copied games with cd clone and it would work.....

4. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Well I got a fliptop and swap magic disc and I have used may programs to burn with. I like discjuggler myself but you can use many. Yes you just make a copy onto your hard drive then burn it to a blank dvd-r. I have just found that discjuggler gives me a better copy with less load time and skips and such

5. gsingh

gsingh Member

i agree the swap method is a safer method but its a real pain to do so every time you want to play a game. especially with the new models that require a couple of swaps. and you can buy modchips for usually under 25 bux it might not be the best one but it'll do the job. If your worried about the safety thing then you might as well order a pre modded ps2 from somwhere like precision mods. http://www.precisionmods.com/ps2.htm