1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Blenn, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Blenn

Blenn Member

I have read the beginners guide in detail and wish to thank all those who compiled them. I found backing up my DVD collection and music a doddle. Thank you.

Just one question. Using SHRINK. When I reauthor some of the DVD's to lose some of the extras content (minmise the amount of compression therefore needed) - say I just put the main movies on the backup - will I lose the scene selection? Will the movie (like old VHS) just become one big file without the possiblity to go from scene to scene?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

2. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

you will only lose what you delete from the content, eg, foreign languages, un-wanted subs etc, scene selection should be a seperate entity.

3. Blenn

Blenn Member

Cheers Goergy.

Paul

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You will lose your menu if you backup using re-author, the only way to keep it is to edit using substitute still image.

You will, however be able to use your remote to go from one scene to another or back again in order. Just not using the dvd menu where you could go from say; scene 3 to scene 15 in one step.

5. Blenn

Blenn Member

Ah - cheers!

Paul

p.s. I burnt a dual layered DVD (TRAFFIC) to my HD using Decrypter. Then used Shrink to put down in size to fit the 4.7gb Ritek blank +R. When it was finshed it would play perfect in my home DVD (commercial player) but not on my PC. Keeps saying "NO DISC ACTIVATION CODE FOUND" or something similar. Any suggestions?

Paul