1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by tomdreiss, Mar 16, 2007.

1. tomdreiss

tomdreiss Member

I've been using the free version of DVD-RB and was wondering if the full version was any faster at encoding. Assuming that both versions were running the included HC encoder with the same settings.

2. steve120

steve120 Member

the are most likly the same the free version you have and the non free version just might have different stuff, like the non free version might have more stuff like settings and ect. but yea they 99% i think are the same at encoding, and i have very good knowlage of computers

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@steve120

You might have "very good knowlage of computers"; buy you should be spending a little more of your time on grammar and spelling. I'm hoping English is not you first language.

4. tomdreiss

tomdreiss Member

Here I thought I was asking a very simple question for a forum devoted to DVD-RB. It took almost a week to get a response. I noticed there was another question posted about the Free Edition around the same time I posted mine. That was largely ignored also. I had to check the forum rules to make sure we are allowed to post about the free edition.
    @steve120
    Thanks for getting back to me and answering the question.

@garmoon
    Wish you were as quick at answering the post as you were at criticizing steve120's grammar.

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@tom

I think the reason it took quite awhile for your question to be answered might be due the fact that I don't think alot of the users in here use dvd RB (I know a few quality members use it but most go for the easier routes). Take a look at the other threads in this forum, very few have an abundance of answers, and the ones that have been replied to took about the same time as yours. Have you considered any alternatives?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I haven't used the freeware version in a long time. I can tell you that the pro version will give you many more options including the option to convert your movie to AVI. The pro version let's you choose Main Movie Only or Main Movie and Menu as well as using Avisynth filters. You can also have a certain bitrate for the movie and another for the extras. As far as encoding speeds, that's up to the encoder.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Obviously you were satisfied with a "most likely" answer. Since I didn't know, because I don't use the program, I choose not to guess.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No.

The free version is the same program without the extras. Pro is all about the extras. That's why I donated.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

and worth every penny. those that don't have or use dvd-rb with an encoder, whether it be a freeware encoder or retail encoder such as cce or procoder 2, don't know what they're missing.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Mort
    Well put.

11. empries1

empries1 Guest

Excellent work. Easy to understand.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

tomdreiss

The free version with the same settings runs at the same speed as the pro version. Where you might save time is that the pro version comes with a movie only backup option and other adjustments that can save time. If you're asking should you spring for the Pro version then my answer is yes.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The pro version is all about the options. If considering the upgrade, it's worth the small donation.