1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mconly, Nov 20, 2003.

1. mconly

mconly Member

1. can i burn a ps2 game that has a blue/purple bottom on a DVD-R? i know most people would use a CD-R because it's cheaper, but i don't have the swap magic CD 2.0....is this possible?

2. if my game loads up using swap disks/slide card and has a green border for a second, and then turns blue and proceeds to load, should i assume that this game is always going to work?

3. if i get the latest and greatest CD loader, can i use that on every game that needs a CD loader, or do i need a different version for different games?

4. is there anyway to burn a CD loader onto a DVD instead of a CD-R?

THANKS!!!!

2. billz

billz Active member

1.You should get cd swap disk it will save you a lot of time a frustion.dvd need a certain toc to be reconized as a dvd game so unless you do a multigame on a dvd no you can't

2.presumebly yes

3.depends what version ps2 you have the one for v1-v6 seems to work with everything you throw at it V7+ you'll have to update occasionaly

4.See 1

3. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

personally i dont thinks its worth the hassle copying a dvd-rom based game onto a cd-r _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ricoh mp5125a
    v4 ps2
    messiah 2
    alcohol 120%[/small]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  4. mconly

mconly Member

awesome....i'm waiting for a CD swap disk right now, it's fine to just save the images on my CPU and then burn them later, right?