1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to backing up my DVDs....What good media should I use?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cdelgado, Oct 15, 2007.

1. cdelgado

cdelgado Member

I have some DVDs that I would like to backup. I use DvdFab to get an IOS and I use PowerISO to burn it into a 4.7 Verbatim (is this media the best?). I don't understand why my backuped dvds won't play that good on my dvd, they play good on my computer but "most" of them don't play that good on my regular dvd player. I also run Nero' CD-DVD Speed (Disc Quality) to check if my movies have any errors. Most of them get a quality of 0!!! WHy is that? However, sometimes other DVDs get a quality of 95!!! I don't understand this? What can be causing the problem? Some DVDs come out good but other don't! I use Verbatim for all my burning. Any ideas what may be causing the problem???

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Use good quality media like Verbatims and TYs to backup your movies. Also, just use DVDFab to rip and burn your DVDs. There's really no need to use PowerISO to burn your ISO files when you can get it all done in one program. Also, be sure you're not burning your disk at anything greater than 8x. Anything over that is susceptible to many errors. As far as the Nero quality reading "0", I have no clue. Also, the reason some movies may come out better than others is because some movies have to be compressed more to fit on a DVD5 disc. You'll see that movies that have few special features, bonuses, etc, will look much better than newer releases that have as much extras it has movie. If menus aren't a concern, use DVDFab to do movie only and you'll notice a quality improvement. Hope this helps!