1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to CCE-SP

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by FrinkDude, Apr 20, 2003.

1. FrinkDude

FrinkDude Member

Hi, I just got CCE-SP, and I don' thave a clue how to use it to convert a DivX avi to MPEG-1 VCD format. The option for vcd or svcd encoding is "not selectable", presumably becasue the source video is a different size. (i.e. not 352x288). If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Dont use it to create vcd, the quality will be horrible, its much better for MPEG-2 than MPEG-1

3. FrinkDude

FrinkDude Member

Thnx for the reply. I've learnt how to encode VCD using DVD2SVCD. Unfortunately, I cannot use SVCDs as my DVD Player does not support them, even with the VCD header trick - I just get jerky video.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Consider another dvd player that supports svcd format as vcd video playback= really crappy m8.

Shoey :)

5. Dela

VCD aint bad if you know what you are doing!!!

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I use the best settings and the best encoder and VCD video playback sucks. Besides, DivX players are here and will take over in the very near future. I wouldn't waste my time encoding VCD becuase if one does, all that time spent encoding will eventually go to waste. I can live with SVCD (MPEG2). VCD, not a chance!

Shoey :)

7. Dela

FrinkDude, you can try a KVCD template and see does it do you any good, if you use MPEG-1.

Shoey, I once had a stand alone that wouldnt play SVCD and before I knew about the VCD header trick I used to use TMPGEnc Plus at highest quality settings and the quality was fine on my tv, not as good as SVCD but there really was no reason to get a new dvd player. The reason I did get a new one was because it broke!