1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie to downloading please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tiddle, Jan 31, 2005.

1. tiddle

tiddle Guest

i recently upgraded to liteon dual format dvd writer, i have movies on my pc im trying to put on dvd, and i dont know where to start. i tried using the software that came with (mydvd) but wont put all the movie on one dvd. ive been trying for days now can anyone help on what programs i need and how to work them thanks !!!

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

3. tiddle

tiddle Guest

thanks for the help

4. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

No problem after you download them use this guide from SCUBA PETE

Program # 1.
    (Get your DVD Decrypter's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Program # 2.
    (Get your DVD Shrink's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Now that we've done that - exactly

First create a folder for your HD backup work. Try to put it someplace where you won't forget it (i.e. C:\All My DVD Work\Dumb and Dumber Meet the Parents Out for a Kill get Eaten Alive.)

To be sure we don't miss a setting and that all steps are followed EXACTLY -

PLEASE, PRINT THIS GUIDE OUT NOW !
    (It makes it so much easier to follow :D)

Place your original DVD in your DVD-ROM drive and a DVD blank in your burner's drive. If you have only a single drive, begin by placing your original in the drive first - When it necessary to put your blank in, you will be prompted to do so. DO USE; Phillips, RiData, Sony, TDK, Ritek G04, Verbatim DataLife, Verbatim DataLife Plus, media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO", Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi are excellent bets. Other media could cause unnecessary errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video burning. Now is defiantly not the time to put your, "Boy did I save money buying this crappy cheap stuff." in - )

Now we're going to rip this "Puppy" with DVD Decrypter. Open DVD Decrypter, lets get DVD Decrypter setup so it can read your DVD. Go to "Mode", then "ISO" then "Read". Now let's go to "Tools", "Settings" then go to the "I/O" tab and in the bottom right-hand side "tick" "Ignore read errors," then click OK". Under "Source" find the drive with your original DVD and in "Destination", since it's an ISO file it can go anywhere in your prepared folder. Then "click" the Drive to HD "icon" -

We'll wait for the "rip, the music will let us know when DVD Decrypter is finished :) Meanwhile, I'm going for coffee and a smoke - I'll be back when it's done ~ ~>

Sea that ? I'm baaack. Next, lets get DVD Decrypter setup so it can burn in the background after DVD Shrink has done its thing - Ya ready ?? Yea, I knew you were :) Right-o, in DVD Decrypter under "Mode" select "ISO, Write". "un-tick" the box that says "Verify". Where it says "Source", you'll leave that blank as DVD Decrypter will find the location of your backed up DVD file from DVD Shrink automatically. Lastly, where it says "Destination", select the drive where your burner resides. Feel free to close DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink will open it when it needs it.

("Gee willikers Mr. Bill, I'm tired already - this is truly a lot of work." (Lol);)

Next, open DVD Shrink, you have the latest version of DVD Shrink so click "Edit", then click "Preferences" on this page we're going to select "DVD Target Size" as "Custom" and set the size no higher than 4360MB - If your blank discs aren't the best, drop your size to around 4300MB. We do this to make extremely sure that our disc isn't too large AND that we're not burning to the very edge of the disc. Then under the "File I/O" tab "un-tick "Enable burning with Nero" then click "OK".

Are you rested now ? Super ! Now "click" DVD Shrink' s "File" and then "Open disc image", find your DVD Decrypter's ISO image then click "OK" and wait for about 30 seconds to about a minute while DVD Shrink "Analysis's" your DVD.
    Now, let's burn that DVD. Today we're doing a total backup, that's all the things on the original disc. There's no problem in doing this as long as we do not see any "Red" on the size bar at the top, right-hand area of DVD Shrink's program. (If you should see some "Red" there, on the size bar, simply "Un-tick" any foreign languages like Bovine Slobber Jaw, Saturn Ring Worrble, Director's comments or DTS sound boxes until the "Red" disappears.) With no "Red" visible on the size bar we just let the "Automatic" (Default) settings alone. THEN we select "Backup". Take just a second and under "Target Device" go to "Select backup target " once there, select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter" .
    Now, under "Quality Settings", if it's SPEED you're after, "un-tick" the box which says, "Perform deep analysis" and "un-tick" the box for "Compress the video with high quality adaptive error compensation". This will give you acceptable DVD backup.
    If it's QUALITY you're after and have some extra time to spend, "tick" Perform Deep Analysis" before backup to improve quality AND "tick" "Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation." There you may adjust Quality Enhancements. Practicing with the settings can produce even better end products. For a no-frills DVD's like "There's something about Mary" I like Extra Smooth BUT for DVD's with a lot of special effects, I use the Extra Sharp setting. That's for me, you'll have to decide what you like :) If all the boxes are "grayed out" that's OK, it means your DVD is small enough that little will be lost from the original. Finally, where it says "Select target image file", browse till you find your created folder for your backup and click "Save". That's it ! Click "OK" and DVD Shrink begins the process that burns that ISO image to your HD. What that means is DVD Shrink then opens DVD Decrypter and has it burn the ISO image to your waiting blank DVD.
    Don't use your PC for anything at all while it's working.

I'M NOT KIDDING ! STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER !

5. tiddle

tiddle Guest

thank you for all the help im printing it now .. thanks so much :)

6. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

No problem if still having questions dont hesitate in ask.

7. tiddle

tiddle Guest

does it work the same if the movie is on my hard drive

8. tiddle

tiddle Guest

does it work the same if the movie is on my hard drive

9. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Sorry can't help you there because I've never try to do that.