1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to moddin

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by repa239r, Feb 1, 2007.

1. repa239r

repa239r Member

Hello i am new to the site. I have had my xbox for a desent time with the nyko cooler no problem but still i took it off. I allso relaized that my fans are now runing like crap. But anyway back to what i made this topic for i have been looking around and can't really find anything on it. but i am changing the case and adding lights and cut outs and all. But i wanna mod it and i was wondering what is out to mod and all. i have evo X for the xbox but i am lost from there can anyone give me a low down on what stuff i need and what programs i need plz and thank you

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

all you can do is flash the firmware, search for firmware flashing techniques via the search bar at the top and you should be good to go

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

not entirely true there JT...you can put a mod chip in. but its sorta not recommended due to flashing the FW being free and all. but there are two different chips out currently i believe. they also can be searched in this forum and read about. there are a couple of threads about the pros and cons of each one. just thought i throw that out there so he doesnt think that flashing is his only option.

4. repa239r

repa239r Member

what good does flashing the firm ware do srry for all the questions but like i said i am new

5. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

it allows the 360 to play burned games

6. repa239r

repa239r Member

ok ok srry that is not what i wanted to ask lol ok. what do u have to do to ftp wiht the 360. also are there and dashboards out.