1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by drahrs, Mar 2, 2005.

1. drahrs

drahrs Member

Hi all, I am a newbie to PS2 backups but I had a chipped PSX1.
    In the UK, they have banned the mod chips now but I want to know what the difference between a chip and a Swap magic thingy is.

what is the best option, I have a old PS2 and I dont want to spend too much on it.

Any advice would be apreciated.

2. drahrs

drahrs Member

I forgot to add, I am in the uk and when I have looked for the swap magic thing, it says it only works on NTSC consols but I want it for a uk version, do u know where i can get one.

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Chips actually allow the PS2 to boot the backup game. So everything is done as normal with a mod chip. Swap magic is a disc that you boot up, then replace with your backup game. I'm not too familiar with swap magic method, I have a mod chip.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

You may just want to call or email one of the companies that carry Swap Magic. I have version 3.3 and it has screen mode options for PAL & NTSC and i have played both types of games on my NTSC PS2 so it also may be the same for you. It is an easy method to use but you will also have to buy a flip top cover which you can get a package deal at most places along with Swap Magic.
    Look around http://ps2nfo.com
    they have lots of links to mod sites.