1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to the boards

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GOLDBERG, Jan 6, 2004.

1. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

Just starting out and hell of a lot of reading to do so thought might get straight to the point and ask someone. I have a PS2 at home and not sure what chip is installed.
    If I copy a game onto cd then do I need to patch each game or can you copy straight from cd to cd?
    Is this the same for dvd games??
    So overall if i have an original can I copy it onto a dvd disc without encoding/patching etc and if so how?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

that all depends on what mod you got.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

heres few rules to live by when trying to copy ps2 games

1) always own the original....
    2) you need a burner cd or dvd....
    3) no swap chip in ps2 can boot anything that you want with proper tools used...
    4) to make backups use proper tools... nero6... alchol120%... record now max...
    5) always... and i mean ALWAYS... know what you doing...
    6) to make a copy is easy... just use the proper program with the media you trying to copy... nero can do cd and dvd... 120% can do them both aswell... record now max does only dvd....
    7)heres the part you asked... patching only applys to dvdrips... dvdrip made on cd's from dvd's.... revoming the fake files... some files that you dont really need(movies music cutscenes)
    and the 8th and the final rule NEVER FORGET "YOU CANT MAKE PERFECT PS2 COPY" that means a copy that will work w/o a modded ps2

4. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

precisely but i dont know how to work out which i have?

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

easy way to find out what mod is installed... just open the ps2 and see it if you see a chip inside with about 18 to 20 color wires... then the ps2 can boot anything... if you cant find it then theres no mod inside...

another easy way is to ask someone who got backups to give you one to try it.. if it boots then ps2 can boot backups....

making backups is easy just like i said...

6. account

account Guest

or you can ask the person who installed it for you (im assuming you have a chip because you said that you don't know what it is) thats if you don't want to open up your ps2 but if you don't know the person who installed it then you gotta open it up

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

7. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

i have some backups already and they work in mine so there is a modchip inside. Just want to know now which way to make backups. Do i need to patch games or add anything to them when copying or should they work straight away? Do i need to make a boot disc or something like that and if so how?

8. account

account Guest

if you just put the back up in and it works then you don't need a boot disc and what you have to do is either test a couple ways of burning like try a 1/1 copy of a game and if that doesn't load then try to patch it.

and ppl i need some help with my magic 3.1 go here to help me http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/64788

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

9. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

i want to copy them onto dvd discs so the games are on one disc. Do i need to patch any games or can i do a direct copy to a blank dvd disc?

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

cd to cd... dvd to dvd... dont try to put cd on dvd that might not work... 120% and nero6 do a great job in backups... make sure you got a dvd burner tho....