1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to the PS2 scene

Discussion in 'PS2' started by psvsxb, May 17, 2007.

1. psvsxb

psvsxb Member

Hello people
    I hope you are alot more active that the last PS2 forum I was on...
    Just been given a PAL PS2(SCPH-70002 with a little "b" offset from the model number). I have an idea that this is either a v12 or v13. Code on the MB is GH-035-41(googled and searched through a number of forums to try and establish which version it is). Any help in working out what version this is would be warmly welcomed. The next question is about the Modbo4. Are these any good(appear to be what we would call a "cheapmod" on the xbox scene!)From what I have read, the word clone gets thrown around. Should this chip come with the little laser fix with all the resistors on the seperate board? And if I do have a v12 or v13, which one needs the laser fix? HELP.....I'm green as when it comes to the PS2 mod....

2. steimy

steimy Active member

The way to tell is looking at the back of your console where the ethernet (internet) port is. If it has an ethernet port and a phone line port it is a V12. If there is only an ethernet port it is a V13

I would get a quality chip and spend a little extra money and skip the Modbo chip.
    Crystal Chip V2.0
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    DMS4 Pro SE
    or if you are on a real budget and want a cheap stable chip with just the basic function of playing back ups the a Duo 3 gold.

The V12 is the one that needs the laser fix, and you should absolutly get it if you plan on getting a chip put in a V12.
    Teammodders.com can install both for you if you live in the USA.
    http://www.ghost2fitter.co.uk/ is a trusted site in the UK
    http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/index.html and for our Aussie friends

Last edited: May 17, 2007