1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie-trying to backup games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by peasnall, Aug 17, 2004.

1. peasnall

peasnall Member

Hi my name is james and i am a newbie at your site/forum.

I have a few questions.

1)i am buying a DVD burner from ebay soon when my NO SOLDER MODCHIP and SWAP DISKS arrive for my version 4 PS2, so what media should i use and they have to be fairly cheap as i carnt afford expensive meadia if it goes wrong.

2)what software should i use to backup my games like DRIVER 3, GTA San Andrese ETC ETC.

3)and any other information i may need to help me get started.

i hope you lot can help as i am spending ALOT of money on a DVD burner,media and the modchip(which is my second modchip as my MAGIC 3 didn't work)

THANX IN ADVANCE, James

2. peasnall

peasnall Member

please help me i am new to this and dont want to make a mistake as i am spending LOADS of money on this.

3. zak_81

zak_81 Guest

For software I use DVD Decrypter for all of my backups. Alcohol 120% and Nero can get the job done also. As for media I use Verbatim Datalifes, but they are a little more expensive. You can go on www.newegg.com and look at the Ritek Ridatas which are great for ps2 backups and aren't very expensive. Hope this helps and good luck.

4. peasnall

peasnall Member

thanx so much much mate lets hope it all works out