1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie trying tp get backups to work on PS2, please help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by westov10, Feb 4, 2005.

1. westov10

westov10 Member

I know I can make a back up in DVD Decryptor by reading and writing the ISO. But, as far as getting the backup to play, this is where I'm new. I was looking at various mod chips and Swap Magic, etc. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on which mod chips to get or just go with Swap Magic. Thanks a lot.

2. Jim_Smith

Jim_Smith Member

modchipstore.com i suggest the flip top and swap magic, if your dareing and know your way around electronics you could try getting the DMS4 modchip, if i'm right its a no swap chip?

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I use swap magic.
    http://www.swapmagic3.com
    http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/tisinc99/ps2scinst.htm <----Slide card instructions

The points on ps2 are very small if you going to solder a mod-chip make sure you have A fairly HIGH
    amout of knowledge.
    Also i suggest getting a 15W soldering iron, no-corrosive flux, de-solder braid, and a 0.1mm iron tip. As well as 30 AWG kynar wire and 22 AWG wire for the ground and 3v3 connections.

4. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

or dms4 solderless

5. hursty

hursty Active member

i wouldnt bother with the dms4 no solder modchip,i havent read one good thing about it.
    just get a flip top or slide card like jim smith suggested

6. williej

williej Regular member

I have the software HDAdvance 2.0 and it backups games flawlessly. You have to have a HD at least 40gb, the network adapter and a copy of HDAdvance 2.0. You can just copy games to the HD and play them off of it. You don't need to open your PS2 and install a modchip. I wanted to keep my PS2 as close to stock as possible, in case I wanted to sell it.