1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie using Sailor DVD-R, Xcopy and a Toshiba laptop....

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by eranbeard, Jun 25, 2003.

1. eranbeard

eranbeard Member

Am getting fed up -have tried to burn off copies of some Japanese movies I own using my new Toshiba Satellite laptop and some Sailor DVD-R discs, and am having very mixed results. Out of a total of 5 discs I've burned, not a single one has come out as planned - the programme has halted half way through twice leaving with half of the movie missing, or not working at all, and the other times, when I playback the copied movie from the DVDR, the movie either crashes half way through or the subtitles only show when I fastforward!

Is this a problem with my DVD burner or the Sailor discs I am using?

Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Thank you.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Most likely the sailor discs are not the best. Try using DVD Shrink to rip and compress the movie and then RecordNow Max 4.50 to burn. Here is a guide for DVD Shrink:

I'll post a guide for Record Now Max soon (written by BaaBaa)

Chris

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

4. eranbeard

eranbeard Member

Thank you very much for your swift reply, will try out the software soon. Does it really make a big difference with what software you use? Or is it merely that the software you suggested is best suited to a laptop with les power that a desktop? I am rather disappointed at having bought Xcopy to see it be rendered useless!

Also, could you suggest a good DVDR for me to use please.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD X Copy is a great peice of software too, ull prob have better results with it.

6. eranbeard

eranbeard Member

I'm already using DVD Xcopy but it still manages to make duff copies which crash half way through so it must be the disks.

Still awaiting, anyone's recommendation about DVD-R for use with a Toshiba notebook.

Thank you