1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie wants to mod ps2 v14.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by newpen, Jan 5, 2008.

1. newpen

newpen Member

I would like to mod the ps2 75001 v14 with a reliable chip. I would like to be able to back up games to a ps2 hard drive, which I don't have but thinking about it. Any suggestion as to how to go about this and where to buy it would be greatly appreciated.I'm thinking of going with a soldered chip. I live in Canada.

Am I correct in thinking that back-ups games can NOT be played on hd?

2. KMK

KMK Regular member

Since you are in Canada, you should checkout www.modchip.ca

They are located in your fine country and do take walk ins. I've ordered everything from them and they seem to be a great company.

No, you are not correct in thinking that backup games can not be played on a hd. If you have a chip installed, it should be no problem. Modchip.ca also sells HDCombo, which is for the slim ps2's.

Check them out.

3. newpen

newpen Member

Thanks so much for reply!
    I checked there and I'm going to buy a ChipMod Pro+ 2.0, since it's compatible with all models and it comes with the wires, solder and wick. That's what I need.

4. KMK

KMK Regular member

Yeah, that's what I always put in my PS2's. No problems so far!

5. newpen

newpen Member

Anyone has the appropriate diagram for the installation CM Pro+ 2.0 chip for a v14 PS2? I can't seem to find one on modchip.ca webpage.

6. KMK

KMK Regular member

7. newpen

newpen Member

Thanks! :)

8. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

kmk, are they still allowed to sell to the US? i want my ps2 chipped but dont know where i can have it done... :(

9. newpen

newpen Member

Boosbaby....On the site I noticed that the currency is either in CAN or US dollars.
    Looks like you can!

10. DarrylB

DarrylB Member

I have the exact ps2. 75001. I just ordered the same chip. How did things turn out with your instalations? was it tough to solder? Any tips or sugestions would be apriciated since I will undergo the same procedure soon. Also, what did you do to prep the solder points...The mod web site sugests to use a lenline brush to clean the varnish off the contact spots.

11. newpen

newpen Member

I got a friend to try to solder in the mod chip for me, the way the site had shown, but it didn't work because the pics were a bit different than what the model actually was:(
    If you're gonna do it, be VERY careful. The solder wires and contact point are VERY small. Not for the faint-hearted and my friend considers himself a very good solderer.

I've tried to get some "support" from the company that sold me the mod chip, but I found them to be unhelpful and ignorant in their replies. Stuck with a chip - out 40 bucks, so I sold the PS2 and got an Xbox and softmodded that. Best thing I ever did. Waaaaay less hassle, even if there aren't as many games available now than the PS2. Plus the controllers were easier to use, but hey I won't go there and open another can of worms on that issue :p

12. DarrylB

DarrylB Member

Thank you for the reply... Now it's time to decide what to do... If I do attempt it I think I will purchase a new soldering iron with an extreamly fine tip...Thanks again. I wonder if anyone else got any success advise about the 75001.

13. newpen

newpen Member

Just make absolutely sure that the diagram on the website matches your PS2, DarrylB, and at least look at your motherboard before buying everything you need to get started with the mod job. Best wishes! Let us know how you make out with it.